Happy Tasty Tuesday Folks!
After a hard day of work, no one is looking forward to going home and cooking, am I right? Which means that most of us probably stop off and pick up something on the way home. Well no worries Cherie, for I am going to provide you with an easy one pan recipe.
Not only am I going to supply you with the recipe, but I am throwing in a video with step by step instructions. Today’s recipe is brought to you by “The CooknShare,” which can be found on YouTube, or you can click on this URL to be taken directly to the Cook n Share’s website, where you can get the full recipe, with the option of printing it and add to your own box of recipes as well as become a member. You can also click on the photo below. Once you do, please give him a “like” and maybe subscribe to his channel for more delicious recipes, the choice is yours.
So let’s get started shall we?
Recipe instructions as posted on Shake n Share website, which can be found at: http://cooknshare.com/recipe/pork-chops-mushroom-garlic-gravy/
Pork Chops in Mushroom and Garlic Gravy Author: David Hood Recipe type: Main Cuisine: American Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins total time: 30 mins Serves: 4 Ingredients
- 4 boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of oil for frying
- 10 – 12 button mushrooms
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1½ cups of beef broth
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about 2 tbsp of butter to a preheated pan followed by some oil.
- Put the pork chops in and sear them, over medium high heat, until cook through. This should take about 3 minutes on each side. Set them aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add in a little more oil if necessary, add the mushrooms in and fry until golden brown and the water has released.
- Place the onion and garlic in the pan and saute until they are fragrant.
- Add in the flour and stir until the it coats the ingredients.
- Pour the beef broth in, stir, and bring to a boil, until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the pork chops back in and simmer for about 3 minutes or so.
- Garnish the dish with the parsley.
- Serve and enjoy your pork chops in mushroom and garlic gravy.