I am running a little behind today so I will begin with a nice hearty meal. One=Skillet Chicken Pot Pie a recipe submitted by Alix Traeger and Greg P. Gleason over at Tasty. This is definitely a recipe I will try because I usually make my chicken pot pies the old fashion way with crust on the bottom and top, however, things are about to change.. Lois .:)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
½ white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup gold potatoes, cubed
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups chicken broth
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 store-bought pie crust, thawed if frozen
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and heat oil over a cast-iron skillet. Add the cubed chicken, cooking until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
3. To the same skillet, add the onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
4. Add potatoes and sauté about 5 minutes.
5. Add peas and carrots, and stir again.
6. Add the butter to the vegetable and allow to melt.
7. Sprinkle the flour, covering the vegetables, and quickly stir to avoid lumps.
8. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil to thicken sauce.
9. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
10. Place pie dough over the chicken and vegetable mixture, and seal along the edges of the skillet with your fingers.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Here’s the YouTube Video To Show You How It’s Done: