Easy Beef and Broccoli
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
1 pound flank steak, sliced into thin strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ginger, grated
2 tablespoons sesame oil
⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup honey
1 cup beef broth
4 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
Sesame seeds, optional
- In an oiled skillet over medium-high heat, sear the steak until cooked all the way through. Remove from the pan.
- Add a little more oil, then add the garlic and ginger to the pan. Sauté until soft.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, and beef broth. Stir until combined.
- Add the broccoli florets.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add to broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil, until sauce has thickened.
- Add the beef back into the mixture, and serve over rice with sesame seeds, if desired.